Go back to homepageWatch PubDef VideosAdvertise on PubDef.netA D French & Associates LLCContact Us
 

Watch PubDef.TV


"Best Blogger"
St. Louis Magazine

Featured on
Meet the Press and Fox News

Watch our Meet the Press moment

"One of the Most
Influential People
in Local Media."

STL Business Journal


SUPPORT PUBDEF.NET

Your $7.00 monthly contribution will go a long way to helping us expand the coverage and services you enjoy.


GET THE LATEST PUBDEF NEWS 24/7:

Name:
E-mail:




ABOUT PUB DEF

PUB DEF is a non-partisan, independent political blog based in the City of St. Louis, Missouri. Our goal is to cast a critical eye on lawmakers, their policies, and those that have influence upon them, and to educate our readers about legislation and the political processes that affect our daily lives.

CONTACT US

Do you have a press release, news tip or rumor to share?

editor@pubdef.net
Fax (314) 367-3429
Call (314) 779-9958

Tips are always 100% Confidential


Subscribe to our RSS feed

Creative Commons License


 

 

 

 

 

On Collateral Damage Tonight

By Antonio D. French

Filed Monday, February 12, 2007 at 6:07 AM

I'm scheduled to be a guest on "Collateral Damage" tonight with hosts D.J. Wilson and Fred Hessel and Steve Patterson of Urban Review STL. The show starts at 7:00 and can be heard on KDHX 88.1 FM or online at www.kdhx.org.

Topics likely to be discussed: Darlene Green and Jim Shrewsbury killing the BJC expansion deal, the race for Aldermanic President, and will there be a takeover of SLPS?

Labels:

Link to this story


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There will be no state takeover of the schools?

Is that what he said?

Well, I am glad, but not completely optimistic.

2/12/2007 7:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patterson should watch what he is printing and saying. He is getting very sloppy.

2/12/2007 10:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the pd this morning, William Lacy Clay addressed the issue of the takeover as though it were a done deal----Antonio says it will not happen because of the local opposition.

They cannot both be right.

2/13/2007 1:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, when Antonio said it, he was agreeing with my comment on my call, always a good move if you want to be right, incisive, prescient, cogent and smart. (And I made two other smart, I believe, comments on Forest Park and Ballpark Village.)
Then he took a cheap shot at me! (He made a stupid joke - if that's the best humor you got, dog, you got nothing- about my not being right often. First tell me where I've been wrong. Wont take long. Then will tell you where I've been right. That will take longer. And no one begrudges you earning a living, but covering a race you're being paid to consult on, dog, would you put in the right or wrong category, disclaimer or not? But I would have had the grace not to mention it.)
And he's always been like a god to me. And I wrote him calling him on it, and he didnt even the cahonnes to even respond.
I'm glad you got to tell a joke, my brother; tell a cheap and stupid and ignorant joke, lose a source and risk losing a friend. Wrong or right? Smart or not? Gratuituous disrespect says more about you than about me. I'm moving on; hope I'm not being too hard on you. Another good saying: I dont make the rules, I'm just trying to play the game. Enjoy the day.

2/13/2007 2:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes Bill Haas makes posts that I find appealing and wonderfully logical.

Sometimes his posts come across to me as puzzling.

2/13/2007 4:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

same here! and thanks. I think. Maybe I'll be less sensitive when I'm a great alderman; maybe people wont feel so much like taking cheap shots, just cause I'm an easier target cause I'm out there, just to make themselves look and feel better.

2/13/2007 8:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The 23rd Annual Wine and Roses Ball

The 23rd Annual Wine and Roses Ball

PubDef.net is looking for cameramen.



The Royale Foods & Spirits

Visit the PUB DEF Store



Advertise on Pub Def

 

 

 

Google
 
Web www.pubdef.net