Go back to homepageWatch PubDef VideosAdvertise on PubDef.netA D French & Associates LLCContact Us
 

Watch PubDef.TV


"Best Blogger"
St. Louis Magazine

Featured on
Meet the Press and Fox News

Watch our Meet the Press moment

"One of the Most
Influential People
in Local Media."

STL Business Journal


SUPPORT PUBDEF.NET

Your $7.00 monthly contribution will go a long way to helping us expand the coverage and services you enjoy.


GET THE LATEST PUBDEF NEWS 24/7:

Name:
E-mail:




ABOUT PUB DEF

PUB DEF is a non-partisan, independent political blog based in the City of St. Louis, Missouri. Our goal is to cast a critical eye on lawmakers, their policies, and those that have influence upon them, and to educate our readers about legislation and the political processes that affect our daily lives.

CONTACT US

Do you have a press release, news tip or rumor to share?

editor@pubdef.net
Fax (314) 367-3429
Call (314) 779-9958

Tips are always 100% Confidential


Subscribe to our RSS feed

Creative Commons License


 

 

 

 

 

Committeewoman Passes

By Antonio D. French

Filed Thursday, February 08, 2007 at 11:28 AM

Early this morning, 21st Ward Committeewoman Myrtle French, my grandmother, passed away.



No posts for a while. Check back later for funeral information.

Thank you to all that have already offered their prayers and condolences to my family. It is very much appreciated.

ADF

UPDATE: Thank you again for all the calls, emails, web postings, and words of support. My family is very appreciative.

The funeral will be next weekend, Saturday, February 17, at 10:00 a.m. at Randle and Sons Funeral Home, 4600 Natural Bridge Ave.

There will be a viewing the night before, on Friday, February 16, from 4:00 to 8:00 p.m.

For those that wish to send flowers or cards, our home address in 4524 Athlone Ave, 63115.

Thank you again. Pub Def will return on Monday.

Labels: ,

Link to this story


15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Antonio, my prayers are with you and your entire family.

Mrs. French was loved and respected by all of us. She helped those of us who came into "the game" over the last 10 years understand so much of what we were getting into. She has been missed already . . .

Your friend in the cause of justice, Curtis

2/08/2007 12:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Antonio, my condolences to you and your family. Your grandmother was a great lady and an important fixture in city politics for many years. She will be missed.

2/08/2007 12:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry Antonio.
My prayers are with your family.

2/08/2007 12:59 PM

 
Blogger Doug Duckworth said...

Hard to hear Antonio. Back in 2003, both my grandparents died within a month of each other, and right before my graduation. I understand your grief while my thoughts are with you and your family.

2/08/2007 1:23 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the Ben Franklin of this industry my thoughts are with you and your fam.

Keep your head up.

2/08/2007 2:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Antonio,
I am so sorry to hear about this. I know how much she has given you in your life and others around her. My mother and I have had you in our prayers for some time now...and will continue to. - Maria & Cecilia

2/08/2007 2:33 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you and your family.

2/08/2007 2:43 PM

 
Blogger Travis Reems said...

Antonio:

All of our thoughts are with you and your entire family at this difficult time.

2/08/2007 10:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ADF, I will keep you in my prayers, I will see you at the wake,

2/09/2007 12:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in der big dogg

2/09/2007 12:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AF,
Per my voicemail, me and my family send our heartfelt condolences. You know if you need anything let me know. DWP

2/09/2007 10:28 AM

 
Blogger St. Louis Oracle said...

Your grandmother was an important anchor of civility and good political sense in the tumultuous world of city politics. I am certain that you will carry on her work and her tradition.

2/09/2007 12:52 PM

 
Blogger Dionne said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

2/09/2007 2:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Antonio,
Condolences and encouragement to your family.

2/10/2007 12:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a worker at BJEC. And i cared for your grandmother for many months. I have always keep her and your family in my prayers!God Bless

2/13/2007 6:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

The 23rd Annual Wine and Roses Ball

The 23rd Annual Wine and Roses Ball

PubDef.net is looking for cameramen.



The Royale Foods & Spirits

Visit the PUB DEF Store



Advertise on Pub Def

 

 

 

Google
 
Web www.pubdef.net